Lower Control Arm Shock Mounting Bushing.

Greg

I was wondering if anyone disassembled and cleaned/ lubricated this bushing? The Ford manual states that you can do this if the rubber seal is intact and the bearing surfaces are not excessively worn.

I'm in the middle of installing the MN12 polyurethane front end bushing kit and this is one of the bushings that was not included. I would like to lubricated it before installing it back into the car.

Any info would be grateful.

Thanks
Greg

I'm interested in the answer you receive.

Did you also purchase the rear bushing? I'm wanting to replace all of them on mine but the price tag to replace every bushing with poly for mn12perf. is steep!

Tripntx,

You would think with these cars getting older that someone has gone into the suspension and done these things. I did an extensive search on this site and I can’t find much on this subject. So I'm very curious as to how many folks did do the front poly upgrade and other suspension modes.

No, I did not get the rear bushings. I am considering going to a Mustang hub setup. I want to go with a nice big brake setup and there is a better selection on wheels. I will probably get some used rear hubs out of the junk yard for the Mustang hub conversion so I don't have my car done too long, and install the poly bushings on the Mustang hub.

So far, I am changing my springs, shocks, all ball joints, tie rods, upper control arms, and putting in the MN12 front suspension and rear differential polyurethane setup. I have the back done and I have all the parts off the front end. Just not sure what to do about this shock mounting bushing. I will work on it tonight and hope that I do not damage it.

Yeah, the cost is steep but I finally bit the bullet.

Good luck with yours.
Greg

Back