noise q??

J

jpaitala

If I remove the sound deadener from the the engine hood, how much louder will this make my SC. How much louder in the car and outside the car??

Thanks.

Isn't the liner under the hood more of a fire extinguishing device rather than a sound dampener? I don't think it would be too much louder if you took it out, but for safety I'd probably leave it in (unless you have mods under there that need more room).

-Chris

It's in bad shape now and it doesn't look good and when I hit bump the liner touches the OD-pulley.... so I think it's not even safe anymore.
I think I'll just take it off.

Thanks.

I'd look at replacing it. I seriously wouldn't want to be without it for too long. It is a fire retarder for the engine compartment.

Yeah.. But I've seen a lot of SC's without that liner. So it really cannot be that dangerous...?? Can it?!?

The hood liner actually absorbs quite a bit of sound. Most people serious about making things quiet go with an aftermarket sound deadener like what Dynamat makes for the hood.

You will be able to notice how much louder it is when you take it off.

Bob

Do you have any good car audio shops where you live?? The product is made by Dynamat and is called Dynaliner. It is specifically made to replace your hood liner and has sound deadening + flame retardant properties.

You can custom fit it to any car. I'm not sure if they have any vehicle specific kits or not. It is made by a company in Ohio. The hood liner in my Mustang was trashed so we replaced it with the Dynaliner product. We also put the Dynaliner in the roof between the liner. That plus 4 1/2 cases of extreme Dyanamat on every inch of the car. Even with a supercharger, JBA Firecone headers, high-flow cats and a Borla Cat back exhaust system the car is pretty quiet inside compared to what it was.

I actually started modifying the car because I had so much weight added to the car from Dynamat and stereo equipment that I noticed the car didn't have enough power anymore. My friend owns a stereo shop so that was my first car hobby. If you have trouble finding it I can give you my friends number and maybe he can get it for you because he is an authorized Dynamat dealer.

Bob

Back