start-up/idle problems...again!!

ddw350

you know,i swear the next time i have the slightest problem....somethings gonna happen,i dont know what,but something!![dont we all feel like that sometimes?]havent driven the sc in awhile,so when it started right up,all was well,5 seconds later the rpm's dropped big time,but right before it stalled,i saw a quick flash of the good ol' check engine light and it recovered just in the nick of time.all was well again.i started the car like 10 times after that and it was fine,what could be causing this??? and why here and there,not everytime i start it.oh yea,it was 25 degrees and snowing,if that matters. thanks guys....

sounds like i had a problem like yours and i was told to tighten the IC tubing. the lock nut from blower lid was a little loose on my sc. i haven't had the problem since.

wayne..

I guess with a momentary problem like that I'd just check under the hood and make sure all the connections are solid to all of the sensors. Make sure all the vacume lines are in place properly and as walunsf said, check the intake tube connections.

Then hope it doesn't happen again.

yea,im gonna try to tighten a few things up,check a few hoses and such.i thought if it had a vac.leak it shuts off every time you start it? when i put the raised top on,i didnt tighten the upper tube up enough,and it shut off every time i tried to start it.can you spray the joints with ether to check for the smallest leaks,and see if it revs up a little?i started the car this evening after sitting for a day and it ran smooth as can be,hmmmmmm....

whats your vac gauge at

i had a similar problem last week and the vac gauge was at 10, and it turned out to be a hose that fell off of the back of the inlet plenum, it pulls gasses out of the motor and if its unplugged the motor can and will run like total ****.

I had the same thing , cold ruff idle ,rpm up and down, allmost stalling.Ihad installed a new raised top on the blower. and my problems started .did the codes it showed a 14,42,74,77.turned out to be a crack in the top ic tube were it connected to the ic.ford no longer sells this peice.but scp came to the rescue with a bran new used upper ic tube.

well,ive started this thing about 20 times the past few days.[good thing i put a new starter on last friday].i did the check the hoses and stuff,hosed all places able to have a vac. leak with ether[its all i had] and nothing.i guess thats good in a way.i wonder if it could have anything to do with how damp and wet it was? thats when i notice it does it. its just one of those things that probaley[how do you spell that word!!!] doesnt hurt anything,its just annoying as hell....

Not mentioned yet, but pull the code. It is probably an O2 sensor. Everyone seems to forget about them, but they can cause the rough idle quite often. I should know, mine is doing it now, and after pulling the codes, it was the drivers side sensor.

Back