Crazy Lights

Red Thunder SC

Tonight, while on the road, my headlights would momentarily dim and the lights on my the interior console that contains the 'vehicle information centre' like coolant and oil....ect... would go extremely bright. This blip happened numerous times and would only last about 1/4 of a second each time. Then later tonight while driving, it wouldn't happen at all? Sounds like some sort of electrical problem with the distribution of power?? This isn't my main computer starting to go, is it?

Many thanks in advance,
Stephan

Did you have the fog lights on at the time? Its well known that all of the power for all of the lights run through the light switch and multifunction (turn signal) switch and will over heat if you run them all for long periods of time. The cheap fix is don't run the fogs and don't use hi-out put bulbs. More expensive fix is to install a relay. You may still need to get a new light switch &/or multifunction switch. good luck

Replace your light switch, it's a common problem, less than $20 at a parts store or 40-50 at the Ford dealer.

Back