Naias

tyroner

Any thoughts about looking to imports for my next vehicle are now thoroughly squashed. Ford really impressed me. Their new Mustang, to a lesser extent, their F150, to a great extent, their lightning, and 427 concept, their mercury division had a hot messenger. yep, no more z-car fantasies for me! I'm sold! One question though, when it said their new "super cooling" could add another 50hp at WOT, would that be in addition to the factory 500hp? *shivers* that would be UNBEARABLY cool! I couldn't say I liked the Navicross. I think LincolnMercury should just come out with EITHER both MK9 and the Messenger (with a revised front end, of course) and let them share the chassis(suspension, etc..), and use that 'spray bore" technique to make that 5.4 motor a 5.8, and rod it to 380hp, and lastly set the MK9 (give it the 427 V10 "450hp") above the corvette as a more GT car (selling about 1000-1500 units at maybe $65-75,000) and the Messenger (aptly renamed Cougar, selling 4000-6000) right in the Corvette's face (around $42,000) with a special-edition "eliminator" or "XR7" package(Making Z06 power, at about 1000 units) for about the price of a Z06 OR (I know, it's a big wish-list "EITHER") make a new town car (with at LEAST the 260hp GT motor), along with that 427 concept(renamed, crown vic) midsize with a more "realistic" 4.6 v8 for the cost of a crown vic with a 4.2 v6 option, and cut both crown vic(keep marauder/marquis) and the taurus/sable. Well, that's my piece.

Detroit Auto Show

By NAIAS I assume you mean the North American International Auto Show.
The Detroit version is going on right now. I'll be going on Monday.
I heard the F150 is cool and the new mustang is VERY cool.

When I saw the 427 the first thing I thought was that the 6.8 V10 should already be in the Maurader right now. Tuned to about 325 HP and 400 ft. lb. of torque stock. They wouldn't be able to keep the cars in stock. Instead they put basically a Avaitor engine in there and expect people to trade in their Impala SSs. All of the dealerships around here have three or four on the lot. I am in a wait and see mode. Mustang Gts are already 25G cars If they would make one like I want you are talking 30G and up. I hope that two seater at the show is just that show. Sounds like affordable V8 rear drive is gone. If Ford made a 2004 version of our SC it would likely be in the 35 to 40 grand range. Just try and replace your SC with something comperable in todays market.

Unless you Like SUVs or Crossovers their isn't that much to excite. Although any Mustang replacement has to be a major improvement over fox based ones. I'm just worried about the price they excpect to sell them at.

Back