How do I tell what gears, and what size rearend I have?

joshbea6

I was drooling over some parts that I want on SCP and I was looking at the driveline section. I am planning on doing some performance mods that I figgure will put me around 380-400 HP and I was wantinng to replace some things.

I have a 90 5spd, and I was wondering what gear ratio do I presently have? I was wanting to upgrade to the 3.27:1 since I am not planning to make "dragging" a frequent habit. I just want to be able to blow some unsuspecting "ricer" off the road every now and then.

I also wanted to do a serious rearend rebuild as the poor bastard that had the car before me didn't know how to drive it, let alone how to take care of it. So what size rearend do I have? Is it the 8.8"?

Any help is welcome!

i believe the gear ratio is something like 2.89, but don't quote me on that. i'm more sure about the rearend though. i'm like 99 percent sure all sc's have the 8.8" someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, or confirm that i'm right, just to make sure.

2.73's stock R&P and affirmative on the 8.8". I'm looking forward to getting the 3.27's too.

Back