Owners of Titanium colored cars.

91BLOWNSC

Alright, I have a little bit of MICHIGAN rust forming under my door that is just lightly bubbling the paint. I think I am going to take a wire brush, clean it up, and spray it with the same color. My question is, have any of you with the early style titanium color painted little peices like this before? I need to know a recommendation on the closet match for paint color. Should I just order some directly from the dealership? Or is there some i can get from like autozone that would suffice. I have a nick in my bumper I would also like to fix. So a recommendation on a clearcoat to help blend would be very beneficial. Thanks for all the help.

i also have the same color supercoupe and i want to take care of a few dings. i went to the dealership and bought the paint but they didnt have it in a spray. mabey that is just by me where they dont hvae the spray. but i would like to know also if there is any paint that i can buy form autozone or pepboys that would work and be in a spray form.

mitch

I bought touch-up paint for my titanium 90 SC and it did not match perfectly. I purchased it at The Ford Dealer using the paint code from my door. You might be able to find something that matches closer at a parts store by trial and error.

On the same note I have a black 95 SC and I found the closest match to be a GM paint so don't hesitate to look at other manufacturers colors also.

Bob

paint fade

I to was looking for factory colour ...had a paint shop make me up a couple of spay cans ...but paint has faded so much ...it's only looks close @ nite ..so match it up right... I would have to go to a real good paint shop .... get them to measure the right Frequency ..I believe it was called... to do a colour match ..but hey i'll let winter beat on it alittle more ...then clear coat it ...

Titanium colored cars.

Here in Canada, Canadian Tire sells the paint in a spray cans.
Its not perfect because the clear is mixed in with it. As you may or may not know, our cars are painted in 2 steps, first the color and then within 24 hours the clear is sprayed on to protect and make it shine. I used it to paint the GFX on my 35th and you can't tell because I painted the whole part but when I touched up scrape marks on my Titanium bumper, I can tell but not from a distance.
good luck

Please take it from one who has been there...

The light titanium paint is a major beyoutch for even pros to match. My car used to be that color and It went to 2 different shops on 3 seperate occasions. Only 1x were they able to get it even close, but I could still see the blend clearly in certain light. factor in the UV aging and it's an even dicier proposition. This is not to tell you not to try, but just keep your expectations realistic.

The spray cans will only be worse IMO.

This is why I finally painted my car black. Good luck.

Remember also, don't spray lacquer over enamel, or your paint will lift. (Some of the auto store spray touch up cans are lacquer).

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

There were a number of shades. I went to the dealership over the years to get the touch up bottles of paint. Once I checked the container against the colour code on the inside of the door and it didn't match. The colour description was the same but it was definately different.

My car is that crappy Titanium color. I REALLY wana paint it black. But i also dont want it to look like a silver car painted black. Where have u guys got your cars painted(Anyone in Michigan) and how much did it cost?

---thanks DZ

i have an unusual color of silver on my car, titanium frost. i had to have my fender replaced and my new cervini hood painted. also the front bumper and the body shop matched it perfectly. im down in southern indiana though! you can see the pics of my car at the last SCP open house pics at supercoupeperformance.com

The reason i said titanium is beacause the guy a Village Ford said it wasnt silver. So i just assumed. It needs repainting anyhow...PS NEVER go to vilage ford.

Custom Colors

Custom Colors.
I had to touch up a spot on my front bumper I gave them the code they had the formula for the Silver Titanium that is on my car pictured below

Hell it stays on at low 12 :D

Back