Thoughts on centerforce dual friction clutch???

Broham

I was thinking about getting a centerforce dual friction clutch in my 90 sc. I was just wondering what you guys that have them thought of them... I had one guy try to tell me that they were garbage and that they don't work right, but i thought that i would check here first before i made my decision...
-broham

I had the CF DF clutch on my 93 SC for almost 6 months before I sold my car. It's awesome. I loved the way the car shifted. With this clutch, it is so easy to spin the tires but one thing I have to say though is that the clutch pedal is a bit firmer. Unless you do a lot of traffic type driving, you would really love this clutch.

rene

i have the cf df on my 89sc and i like it! i had someone on this board once tell me to not to use the cf because they were junk. the pedal is a bit stiffer but youll get use to it real quick. also, as far as engaging the clutch feels a lot like stock on normal shifts but when you shift hard and fast, it hooks up quick, like an on-off type feel. its sweet!

I had one on a Mustang with results previously described. At the time thier slogan was "Grabs like a bitch!". My friend's dad, who never cursed, test drove the car after we did the clutch. When he got back we asked him how it was and all he said was "It grabs like a bitch!"

I have one in my Cougar and one in a '67 Chevy. Both operate flawlessly. If you do a lot of city driving, you may consider the Centerforce Gold for the lighter pedal pressure. Personally, the higher pedal pressure in the Cougar never really bothered me until I was sitting at the Canadian border for an hour one day. I can definitely feel the difference in how much it grabs over the stock unit in my '95 T-Bird.

Don't worry too much about him. Nobody that I know of has really figured out what's up with him. He just likes to throw in random things to try and piss people off. With any luck, he'll try and retalliate by coming back and making a post and calling me a bunch of names in the hopes that he will strike a nerve. Ignore him, and he eventually goes away.

I too have had problem with CF both from their clutch and customer service. It busted after only a few months. When i called CF to tell them what happen and why, all they would tell me is it was my fault. I was not trying to get a free replacment just and answer. The only thing I got was "Its your fault".

OK (not to be named), you have way too much time on your hands.
BTW, what is up with doing a search on topics I have wrote something in?
And the firewall doesn't look like that off an SC, but you knew that already, right?

Last edited:
Anyways, Broham, the fact is (not to be named) and I could argue all night about it, but the decision is still yours.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a car with a LUK clutch in it if I could help it, but that is my personal preference. I have never heard of anyone complaining about punching a hole through the firewall from a DF (not saying that it isn't possible, it is definitely possible [I just don't buy it]...although I wouldn't think it probable with a stock clutch, unless you were incompetent of properly using the left pedal :) )

Last edited:
well, that was quite an interesting dispute! i hadnt ever heard about the fire wall thing but if i ever have any problems with mine i will definitely post my problems on here as a warning to anyone, but so far i havent had any problems.

I have had the DF Centreforce in my 93 for over 2 years now.

The performance and reliability are excellent. I would strongly recommend this clutch to any 5-spd owner.

Back