Oil gauge problem

M

MsBenzSLK

Help, please. I have a 1991 SC with over 150,000 miles. It's my 2nd car now, so I don't drive it alot. I just noticed that the oil gauge is not working. There's plenty of oil & it seems to be moving over the rocker arms when you look down inside the oil adding tube. My brother told me to look there :). He seems to think it may be a bad oil sending unit or another computer part, but he's not here to find it for me. I have a Haynes book for my car but can't find where the oil sending unit is. Could someone please tell me where it is or if I even have one?? I don't even know where to look for loose wires. Do you know if anything else would cause it to stop working. I've read thru your site & it seems like those gauges go bad alot. I think I may have another problem too, cause I keep hearing a clicking sound behind my glove box. Is it possible to hook my car up to a computer that will run a diagnostic test & tell me all the parts that are bad?? Sorry so long, thanks for any help. PS, I'm female so you'll have to explain in English. I have no auto skills. THANKS a bunch. :)

sending unit

Stand in front and look in the direction of the front of the driver's side cylinder head and you will see the sending unit.

Back