SC Fluid?

layinthesmack31

I was just curious as to where the fluid level should be in the supercharger because i have heard it is supposed to be filled to the bottom threads of the plug that is in it but i have also heard people say it should be filled to the bottom threads on the case. i dont know which is right. what is a good mthod to use to see if the sc has enough fluid? and if i need fluid where is a good place to get it? well all the help u can give me will be greatly appreciated. thanks
Matt

Make sure that you check it while it is cold. Fill it up to where the bottom thread is on the supercharger. Ford PN#E9SZ-19577-A. You can also get the fluid for GM superchargers, as they are the same from any GM Dealer. I've been told that the GM fluid is cheaper but I refuse to go to a GM dealer because it is against my religion.

Bob

The GM fluid is half the price which makes the trip to the dealer bearable for me, also going to a pontiac or buick dealer makes it easier for me compared to a chevy dealer. It's a good idea to clean around the plug before you take it out so nothing can fall into the supercharger. If I remember right the plug needs a 3/8 allen wrench.

Back