runnin weird!

ben m

hey, guys. i was wondering if anybody could help me with a little problem ive had. my car won't run right. it started a week ago, actually it wouldn't start! i finally fired it up and i got a check engine light. it was ideling way rough. so i shut it down, i check all the plug wires and intercooler tubes, no leak. later that night, it ran just fine, so i thought oh, well, just a glitch. then it did it again the next day, only when i was driving. it had to sit there overnight. the next day i pulled one code, number 2 coil pack not responding, i beleive it was a 216, but am not sure of the number. we replaced the coil packs and still no change, so i dropped $150 bucks on a DIS module and it ran! but i couldn't punch or even accelerate without it bucking like a bronco it was ok if i took it slow, but hey, im 17! then it wasn't wanting to start. so again it sat in my garage as i was pondering my next move. i tried replacing the cam sensor as some suggested to other members with similar problems. no effect. i havent pulled any codes since i put in the cam sensor, but i figure there wouldn't be any change if the problem was still there. i have a new harmonic balancer so its not that. i thought it could be the fuel pump. thats my next move, any ideas? any help would be appreciated! thanks, you guys are the best!

ben m.
mach1 sc

Few ideas...

Did you put heatsink compound under the new DIS? They need it. Also if the DIS was bad long enough it could have fouled some plugs so go ahead and change them as it is a cheap way to rule one thing out. Also, reset the computer (unhook batt. for ~15min) and try again. If codes still appear have them pulled again and see where you are.

Good luck,
Anthony

IM AN IDIOT!!!!!

i wondered what that was! my haynes manual didn't mention any sealer or anything so i thought it was corrosion! do you know where i could get any of that stuff?

Radio Shack

Radio Shack sells it in a little tube (few ozs) as heatsink compound. Fair warning though, it is possible that the DIS is toast now from the heat...sorry :( Hang in there and good luck,

Anthony

If it is still possible to exchange that DIS, pop a new one in with new plugs and let us know how it went.

Anthony

Back