Headers

Scott Redd

I have a lowered 1990 5 speed with fresh head gaskets. Mods so far include, exhaust 2.5" to resonator to 3" to 2.5" to turbo’s (great sound) , 10%pulley, MP fresh air, 73mm MAFS, 70MM t. body and griffin radiator with 180o thermostat. I would rather not go to the expense of Kooks Headers, I have read in other posts of using Mustang 3.8 headers with minor mods. Does anyone have any experience with headers other than Kooks?

Thanks

hmm...

I don't beleive there is much in the way of headers for our automobiles. And what is out this is extremely expensive. Instead of aftermarket headers, like that off the 3.8L stang, you might want to think about just porting the stock ones out yourself. I have heard that they are very beneficial and even flow the same, if not more, than the aftermarket ones. I just recently did it to mine. I went to lowes, bought a SMALL die grinder for 19.99, got a pack of stone bits (6.99), and just went to town. I couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams the bit would stay together (because it was stone) but it did. It comes in a pack of 5 with 2 gray ones, 2 pink ones, and a white one. Seems they have them all over the place. Remove the ridge at the bottom of the collector and just keep grinding. According to tbird88 (or at least I think) The collectors are an 1- 7/16 in diameter and can be increased to 2 inches safely. I would recommend this route. You receive the same gains, AND its cheap!! Hope this helped.

Back