replacing injector orings

wantan17

how the heck do you get the caps on the ends of the injectors without cracking them. i got two on okay but the other four each cracked. the only method i used was to put a 10mm deepwell over it and give a little push. i took more than a little push to get it past the second notch and four of the times they cracked. if someone has a strategy i would love to hear because i dont want to pay $ 3.** for each set repeatively. thanks

yes but each injector kit comes with the orings and a new cap, so i was wondering if maybe some of you have used some sort of oil or heated them with a hairdryer to make them slip on easier.

I just finished doing mine but my kit did not come with new caps and from what it sounds like you might just want to leave them alone. I used a very small flat head screwdriver to install my orings and I also sprayed them with wd-40 to help them slip on and off easily.

1990 XR-7
73000 miles

warm up the caps(heat gun/hair-dryer?) and lightly oil them then just push them on by pressing against a flat surface:confused:

hot water and a little grease made the world of a difference. i suggest to anybody trying to do this. made the caps go on a million times better and easier. use a 10mm deepwell and lightly push them on.

Back