PDA

View Full Version : starting noises

bbird94
01-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Hey Guys,

I have a '94 5-speed that is in great shape form the previous owner. Though there are a few things that I am concerned with. When I fire up my car it makes a grinding noise. It only goes for a few seconds and sometimes it does not happen. My lights do not dim or my rpm's go down. Some one mentioned it might be my belts slipping. By the way those belts were replaced in September. Is this person correct, if anyone can help me that would be great, I am new to this.

Thanks,
Brandon

v8killr
01-11-2003, 03:43 AM
my 90 sc was doing that very thing,and one day i started it and the noise didn't stop,i couldn't figure out where it was coming from but it scared the crap out of me.so i tried to turn the car off and it din't want to shut off,what was happing was the starter was staying engaged with the flywheel and by the time i got it unstuck(turning it off and on)it burned up the starter.now i'm not saying that this is your noise but it's possable.have some one start your car for you and look around and see if something is grinding,also check all your fluids if you haven't done so already.
just my 2 cents
david