Code 332 - EGR

rookie94sc

Is this something that needs to be fixed ASAP or can it wait a week or so? I just replaced the PCV, Fuel Filter, Plugs/Wires, Motor Mounts, and a vacuum line and now I have this code coming up. Suggestions?

If my memory serves me correctly it means insufficent egr flow. I would guess that you probable knocked of the hose the goes to the egr preasure sensor on the back side of the intake. Check the little hose and make sure that it is not brittle or not attached. It should be fine - provided that there are no major other problems, like a broken egr pipe. I would also run premium fuel, because egr is desing to keep combustion temps down, this will prevent spark knock, for the week while you fix it. Also no drag racing either.

Good luck
Tim

Are you sure yo have EGR? My 90 5 speed has EGR but my 90 AOD doesn't. Some non EGR engines give a the Code even though there is no EGR. You could try disconnecting the battery to see if the code clears. I went through this with my 5 speed and it was the the little hose going to the transducer. I thought it was a regular rubber hose but it turned out to be made of special silicone rubber in order handle the heat from the exhaust w/o becoming brittle. That little 8" hose cost me $50CDN from Ford. Having the broken hose caused detonation so stay out of boost until you can get it fixed if you do have EGR. good luck

Yeah I'm sure mine has EGR... I'm having one of my techs take a look at it on monday (I work at a ford dealership), one of them replaced a vacuum hose in that area so another one may have been pulled off or loosened up enough to cause a problem...

Back