clicking sound in trunk

traysurehunter

I have a 1990 SC that I recently purchased that makes a clicking sound in the trunk. It happens when you start the car when you apply the brakes when your just setting at a stop light. It is an intermiten sound that clicks about 3 or 4 times then quites and then say you apply the brakes it starts clicking again. Does any one know what the mystery sound is? And the fix???

it is the relays to the automatic ride control, there are 2 of them located on a black shelf in the back of the trunk. they will activate when you flip the firm ride switch, hit the brakes, hard acceleration, handeling a hard turn, ect. make sure all of your acuators are working corectly. when you flip the frim ride switch on or off does the firm ride light blink?

yeah that means one of your actuators is bad, i should blink intermittenly then stop for like 15 secs. well how many times does it blink in that short period of time?

The light in the dash will flash just about once every 5 to ten seconds when driven. It has even flashed while sitting at a stop light, but for the most part it only flashes when driven. Can the box in the trunk be disconnected with out any harm done to the system unitl a replacment is found?

Here is how it work. Get in the car, turn the key to the on position. the firm ride light will come on, then should go off. Your will probably just come on and stay on, then count the number of times the light flashes until the long pause, then the light will start to flash again. You will get a 1, 2, 3, 4. This will tell you which shock to replace the accuator on.
There is no broken module to replace just the bad accuator. You can just leave it alone till you get around to replace the broken accuator.

Search the old threads for the correct # of each shock. I don't know what shock is what number sorry.

Good luck
Tim

thanks for the info, my car was having the same problems with a few added, mine was ticking with the keyless entry and ride controle. Also the car would honk and the trunck would open with the door locks open and closing by them selves, only in warm weather, it is now cool outside so I don't run into that problem till around summer..my hole electric system is messed up and need replaced!!!!!

Back