Why not irwindale ?

blksc

Since irwindale is back open, why not go there for a meeting and test and tune ? It is because its not 1/4 mile ?

We have been there as a group before. thursday night meets would be hard on the not so local guys up in ventura county, san bernardino county and san diego county :) So its up to them

Al

Yes!

Yea, they are open every thurs so far as the schedule says. Gates open @ 4 racing starts at 5 until 10 ( although its really like 11) Hey Mike is there a way i can contact you off of the bbs ? I may finally be ready for some upgrades since i've fixed all the codes on my car

At night....

I guess for most of us it would be tough to get out there and back home at a decent time during the week.
We have had meets there and it is really nice on those blistering sunny days, but have always meet on the weekend.

(Just my opinion) if we meet with the intent to do some test and tuning then we should go for a quarter mile venue since we are gearint up for Bakersfield sometime in March.

Hmmm, do I smell a Southern California football game??? lol

We need to make it to a track soon after all the mods I got coming :)

Al

Trying to find the manual and read over some information. A tranny guru (my cousin) said that it might be because the stock torque converter is locking up and cutting out the line pressure in the valve body. As for it shifting into od, I have yet to get a response from Transgo.

Al

oh ?

OH yea -- even the aod have the lockup unit ? If you lock out od it still shifts into od ?

Well, the converter is what is a lock up unit. and yes if i lck it into d it still goes into od at around 105 mp. I think I'll be ok for the 1/4 mile, I think!

Al

trans-world

OH yea now! I need to get a shift kit thrown in mine, who did yours ? I have a trans shop that said theyd do one for 250 im entertaining the thought. I have the BM electronic improver but it only provide marginal results.

Who else, Mike! I'm telling you I'm about ready to design a Powered by Mike's Speedhop sticker, or a Mike's High Performance Racing Team sticker!

Al

Last edited:
:)

LOL funny. Well i look forward to finally! getting some mods bolted to the sc. was it a hard install ? im looking to pick up the art carr trans kit, since you two seem a lil unhappy with trans go

Back