**RESERVE NOW** for Carlisle 2003!!! (+new info)

Bill McNeil

Okay gang, the time to book and commit ourselves has come.

We will be staying at the CLARION INN in Carlisle, PA

Here is what to do:

-go to the hotel website at www.choicehotels.com
-reserve a room and select CAA/AAA Discount Program
(it will not ask you for a membership number) ;)
-choose arrival date of May29th (if applicable) and choose 3 nights.

IMPORTANT: Under the special instructions, type exactly "Super Coupe Club of Ontario".

The only choice left now is 2 queen beds with smoking or non-smoking. This mean people are booking from other clubs etc, so please book NOW if you want to be with the group.

When finished, post or email me your confirmation number. This way, I can phone the hotel and get the rooms grouped in the same wing of the hotel!

***Here is the catch. After doing the booking process myself, the charge an extra $30 for the night of May 30th and May31st(bastards) because they know the car show is in town. I checked with the other hotels, and they add up to $50 more, so this is still better. Plus, most of the other rates were higher to begin with. Please understand this is the first I've heard of this, and there is no way around it. If you are splitting a room, it won't make much of a difference. Sooooooooo, the first night will still be $71.96, and the second and third night is $99.96.*** (as a reference, I check the Quality Inn, and they up the rate to $110.00 for the second and third night. FYI)

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO BOOK AT THIS TIME EVEN IF THEY ARE UNSURE ABOUT ATTENDING. YOU CAN CANCEL RIGHT UP UNTIL THE DAY OF WITHOUT BEING CHARGED. ROOMS ARE BECOMING SCARCE ALREADY, SO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO RESERVE A SPOT.

Last edited:
Good work Bill, thanks for your efforts on behalf of all the club members who are planning to attend this event. :)

cheers
Ed N.

I'm goin' to Carlisle! I'm goin' to Carlisle!

I don't know who will be sharing it with me, but I've got a room booked.

Bill, you've got mail! ...Again, nice work, pal!

Cheers,

Sean

Hey Bill, great job!

I'm committed like pigs to bacon & eggs:D

...but I will have to use someone's CAA card though (I can see liquor being exchanged already...)

Should be a good time... still hoping to hook up with some of y'all for the trip down on Thursday.

So far I have confirmation numbers for myself, Sean and Ed.

Please try to reserve ASAP. I don't want to see anyone get left out.

Ryan,

The room is booked. I ordered Non-smoking. You don't smoke, do you?

Bill,

I emailed you my confirmation #.

Kendra.

Kendra, I don't smoke, thats cool with me. Let me know when you want to be paid. Thanks for booking, I appreciate it very much.

Bill, thanks for doing the leg work on the hotel info.

What happened to Matt, Jim Prince, Varrik, Andrew?

So far we have:

Ed N./Steve R.
Sean M./Jason W.
Ryan H./Kendra
Myself/Krista
Les/Nick

Jim,

I'm not quite sure why, but Bill wanted us all to email him our confirmation numbers once we booked. Maybe that's what he was expecting from you.

Cheers,

Sean

Jim,

I just meant for the confirmation numbers. I understand you are bringing your entire family with you, so you may want to stay seperate from us at the hotel, which is totally understandable. With everyone coming and going and staying up late, I can see that being potentially disturbing. If you want to be grouped with the rest of us (which I don't even know is possible yet), email me or post your hotel confirmation number.

Thanks!

Okay,,, now I get it :eek:

Bill, you've got mail.

... and by the way we're there to have some fun too... if I wanted to be by myself I would have gone to the Mopar meet ---- :D

Has the travel schedule been established? My intention is to drive there Friday morning and return Sunday evening. I really don't want to go there Thursday, it just doesn't seem necessary.

It's did! I forwarded my confirmation e-mail to you Bill. Thanks for the excellent work.

Mike (V) - which project car are you bringing?

Mike,

A group of 8 SCs or more will leave Thursday morning for Carlisle and return Sunday. You can go on Friday as normal, no big deal. I'm sure some others will prefer to leave then as well, so you won't be alone.

Andrew,

I got your email. Thanks for the info!

I called the Clarion 717 number yesterday evening. After navigating the confusing touch tone munu, a phone rang, but noone answered. I tried again, navigating a different route. "Bob" answered, and put me on hold, long distance, for 13 minutes. I then tried to make a reservation, but he told me that, although space is available for Saturday May 31, Friday, May 30 is already overbooked by 12 rooms.
No big deal, I'm not sure I want to entrust my accomodations to morons. Wayner and I will pick a hotel nearby.

Back