Or whats a good way to beff up MY AOD when rebuilding it

IowaSc

What is some good things to do to my tranny to beef them up when rebuilding it and whats the average cost the other thing is out of like a reg. 90 t-bird would the AOD be the same as whats in my SC, i want to be able to pull the tranny and put a different one right in its place when i do it so i could just have them rebuild the one out of the stock thunderbird

Last edited:
Aod rebuild

First have you ever done this before? If not and have are mechanically inclined then I do beleave you can. If you are not then don't attempt because you have to do some things with care like torquing the valve body to the case.

I have rebuilt mine and was easy for me. As for performance you the best thing to do is get a lentech valve body. You will notice quit an improvement in shifting and will help the tranny last longer.

If you have a stock motor then a simple rebuild will do with that valve body and you will be very happy.

Well that's a little for now untill I know what your plans are for the motor.

Hepcat75

YEa

I am haveing a pro do it i dont trust my self and im upgrading the motor, we think the band broke on the overdrive but i have an upgraded exhost system and underdrive pullys, i am going to put 3:73 gears in it and i want to put an over drive pully on it and some other things

Back