Plugs and wires

Katoom

Is anyone running Autolite Pro 8.5mm wires and Autolite double platinum plugs on their S/C's. If so....are they working okay?

I believe the Autolite double plat's are the OEM plugs. As for the wires, I don't know a track record. From what I've read here before, most go back to Fords (don't know the manf, if other than Ford) or go to Magnecor's. I got the 8mm Magnecor's, doing fine so far.

I did a search and found no bad rap on the autolite wires, lots of good feedback on the autolite double platinum plugs. I bought the AP's.......now I'm thinking I need the APP's. Should I take them back? Will the single platinum plugs last?

ive had the autolites for like 3 yearswith no trouble as of yet,as far as wires,i liked the accell high temp wires,i was "talked" into a set of magnacores.honestly,i couldnt tell the differance between the factory,accel or magnacore as far as wires

Katoom said:
I did a search and found no bad rap on the autolite wires, lots of good feedback on the autolite double platinum plugs. I bought the AP's.......now I'm thinking I need the APP's. Should I take them back? Will the single platinum plugs last?

As much trouble as it's going to be to get those plugs in there, I think I'd go ahead with the OEM double plat's. They used those for a reason when the car was built. I don't think it would be worth the risk, or having to go back in there in a couple of months, you know?

I took back the Autolite single plats today and swapped them for the APP double platinum plugs. From what I have read, these should be just fine.

Thanks all!

You really NEED the APP double plats. All DIS-type spark systems require double plats because they fire each plug twice each cycle, on compression and on exhaust with each fire sending the current in the opposite direction. Therefore, both electrodes will get eaten away over time unless they are coated with platinum or iridium.

The SC came stock with Motorcraft plugs but Autolites are a perfect substitute. I have them.

Jon

Back