Just had my 90 5spd dropped off !!!

Gator

Hey there, just dropping a line to let ya guys/gals know that you'll be seeing a new face around.

Just purchased a Silver 90 5spd with black leather interior that i bought for a dailey driver.

She has a 144 thou on her, and really needs some TLC. I have already been poking around the site and there is some great info here indeed.

So much so that i have already found some solutions to some issues....so far she will need a cam sensor ( tach seems to only work when it feels like it ) ABS sensors ( well thats what i will be doing first instead of going with the big dollar parts ) the black tape moldings for the doors ( thanks for the FAQ section ) and other things I know I will come across. In fact I think i will just take a few weeks before putting her on the road to give her a once over...change the fluids, flush her out, change the blower oil and what-not.

Man O Man the dash lights light up like an X-mas tree.

Well I suppose I could ask a quick Q ( the start of many to come I feel ) ...does anyone use or have a decently priced scanner that they would recommend..?

Thanks for the board fellas great stuff here !

Gator

Gator,
Congratulations on your purchase! It sounds like your going into your project with the right frame of mind ! good luck with It !
From what i have read ( these boards rule ) there is a scanner
called Auto x-ray looks to be about 125.00 $ also some smaller handhelds out there for 29.00$ but won't tell you anything that the car can't tell you itself! Surf the boards and have fun!!!

Back