PPI 2240 Amp specs please!!!

klsoneSC

Could someone tell me what the specs are for my PPI 2240 amp? I am always hearing about "4ohm, 8ohm" 2 channel and 4 channel and output etc... but I am just about clueless as to what exactly I have. I just had the guy install the best system (amp, 2 10in JL's and 4 Eclipse speakers) I could get for ~$1000 about 2 years ago. I talked to an employee at tha store and told him I had the PPI 2240 and he said "oh, running a big boy" but I was in a big hurry so I didn't ask him all the specs. I also would like to know what exactly all the knobs and buttons on the amp do. Here is what the side of the amp looks like:

Output Output X-Over X-Over Q bass X-over freq. Gain

There is more on the side but I will leave that out for now. Hope this is understandable. I want to know what each of these mean and how changing them effects the sound or performance of the amp. I know this is a VERY long post but I would really like to understand my AMP and stereo system. Thanks to EVERYONE who answers this post!!

Didn't you get the manuals whan you bought the stuff? You should be able to go to PPI's website and download it.

Jeff

Check specs on site.

That amp is a beast, although it depnds on how its running. That's where all the ohms and bridged/stereo terminalogy comes into play. Is the amp running only 2 subs, or is it runnin all your interior speakers, or is it running everything? Which series are the jl subs w0 w3 w6 w7, d2 d3 d6 or single coil? All of this stuff comes into play when figuring out how much power you are running. If you want just amp specs, check out ppi. If you want to know whay you're pushing relative to what the amp is rated for, you have to know how your stuff is wired up. Let me know and i'll help ya here.

Hey, I found some info on my amp on a seperate site from PPI and it was somewhat useful. Where could I get an actual manual for the amp? The PPI site only has limited info on the new models of amps and subs. The amp is only driving the 2 subs, I still have the stock speakers all around. I don't know what series subs I am running tho, would it be stamped or written somewhere on the sub? They were bought in 1999. It looks well set up with monster cables and sounds great! Anyway, I can see this is probably too broad a question to get the answers I am looking for so I will search for more websites. Thanks for the replies and keep em comming.

answers

You should be able to get the model numbers off the back of the subs. example W3D4 or W3. more than likely, the amp is being ran in bridged mode. Check the output specs for the 2 channel mode.

Back