how do i change the rear speakers?

35th_tbird

o.k. i've done a search for this but none of the results that came up said how to do this. any help would be greatly appreciated.

o.k. now how do i use the wires with my new speakers? they are infinity reference 5x7s and the connector is too wide for the harness in the car.

I would splice the new ones on to the factory wiring instead of cutting them off, just incase you ever want to put the stock speakers back in. my .02...BIll

thanks for the help. nothing came with the speakers so i cut the harness, stripped the end of the wire and strung it through the hole on the speaker. then i wrapped it with electrical tape. does this sound like it would be o.k. i know it's not the most professional job but i don't mind, as long as it works. and the speakers were starting to sound REALLY bad so i don't think i'm going to be putting them back in. thanks again

If you're worried about a professional looking job, go to your local parts store and get seom female spade connectors, they should fit on the ends for the speaker and will crimp on to the wires.

1990 SC Speakers/RADIO??

I've also got a blown speaker in my 1990 SC.
I'd like to replace it but don't know wether to go with an "aftermarket" speaker or the Ford OEM Speaker.
I'm not planning on putting in any power amps.
I'll just be keeping what the car came with but I'd like it not to distort at high volumes, which brings me to another question.
I think my stock AM/FM/Cass is having the Right channel going out.
Does Ford make a newer replacement radio that would fit in my SC but maybe have a little more "umph" in the power range or a built in EQ?

Roger

I would definately go aftermarket. Even if you're planning on staying stock with the stereo, a good set of aftermarkets will sound better. I'm partial to the Pioneer 6x8s (I have the 6855's but they were replaced with a newer model 6857 I think) they run about 60$/pair. They sound great in my setup but thene again that's my base model with a Sony Xplod.

i did my back ones earlier with the infinitys and they sounded great even with the stock ones up front. i just finished puttin another pair of the same infinity reference 5x7s in the doors and pointed the tweeter up, and i haven't tried it yet. hopefully it will sound even better. anyways my point was. . . oh yeah, definitely go aftermarket.
by the way, i'm _not_ looking for a professional looking setup, just something that works, and the way i did it is fine.

"not the most professional job "but i don't mind""

I guess I'm just a connector freak :D I can't seem to help but use rings or spade terminals on stuff like that, it's either that or I will solder it but that's a bit harder to remove.

Back