Transmission prob.

TBirdBrian95

I have a 95 SC AOD. When I go around a corner usually turning right with my foot still on the gas it seems like the transmission go into neutral, it revs up then catches the gear. And sometimes when I am sitting at a light or stop sign and I go to take off it will rev up not go anywhere , then catch the gear. After I drive it awhile and the car really warms up more it doesn't do it. Anyone know what might cause this. It has 75,000 miles on it, everything stock. I have owned it for almost 2 years.
Thanks
Brian

I thought the 95SC used the 4R70W, not the AOD. :confused:
This sounds like a case of fluid slosh. It could be that your fluid is too low and when you turn hard, the fluid sloshes, it sucks air and slips. The best way to fix this problem is to purchase the later model deep sump pan and filter. (pan is about $20 from the dealer). This new pan has a dimple in the bottom (new filter is also taller) and it pulls fluid from there.
A pan with a drain plug is also available (around $60).

4r70wpan_inside.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Your probably right about the type of transmission, I will check into the new pan and things.
Brian

I would say that the problem is definately due to the tranny not getting fluid. I agree with the first reply, but I would guess that your problem is due to being low on fluid or possibly a dying front pump. When the front pump isn't pumping enough fluid it takes awhile for it to get fluid pressure.
Definately check the level first.

Trans

Well I checked the fluid and it was low, didn't even register on the dip stick. So I put some more Fluid in, and it's fine now. I just put some in not to long ago though, I wouldn't had thought it would get that low so quick, unless I didn't put in enough the first time.
Thanks

Back