She's Missing part

thunderbird89sc

Ok i will try to phrase this as best i can, I noticed alot lately that the bottom of my bumber rubs on the ground, i looked and noticed that the is a hole, that looks that the strap, of some kind is supposed, to fasten to that hole then run to some where to hold that part of the bumber up, and i was wondering what i could use to stop th bumber from rubbing, and if any of you have pics of the underside of the back bumber i could show you what i am talking about, i think it broke off, when a lot of snow got packed in the bumber, any help would be great thanks guys,

Matt

There is a plastic bracket that is attached to the underside of the metal bumper, and then to the bottom edge of the bumper cover. It is held on both top and bottom with plastic clips. These usually break or fall out allowing the bumper to sag, and the "teeth" to break. If you clips are gone, and the bracket is still there, then I suggest using some bolts to hold it together.

I complained about this back when I orginally bought the car in 1990. The rear part of the bumper had what I thought was a noticable sag.. well it was obvious from the alignment and placement of the holes and from the center plastic bracket (your may in fact have fallen out) that it should have been supported. They just shrugged their shoulders and said it was supposed to be like that..

Well, I thought it looked like dung, so I took lengths of thin nylon cord and tied the 2 outer holes up to the frame somewhere. 13 years later, those same 2 pieces of cord are still there and still holding the shape of the bumper in its correct place.
You should see if that would work for you.:D

Back