Replacement Am/fm/cass For 90 Sc

wwotr

Does Ford make a replacement radio for a 90 SC(I have the AM/FM/CASS on top and CD Player below) that has any more wattage than the unit I have?
How about a unit with an EQ!!

Roger

Hi, Roger.

Just caught this post before I left. I hope you don't mind me jumping in here but please if your upper radio unit and cd player below are working and in good condition.,....STORE THEM AWAY. The 89-92 Ford radios had a bad capacitor problem and many have died by now and are exorbantly expensive to repair. I took the ones out of my 35th and went this direction, http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/JBLReplace.htm. Now granted, I am not wanting a boom box on wheels but I am happy with this choice and I'm using a Radio shack sub woofer replacement for my blown original and I like the sound just fine. But whatever you do, I had to mention the caps failure to you so you would know. If you already do, sorry for the intrusion. :)

Have a great week.

put a nice cd player up top and a din size eq on the bottum.
joe

I'd do the Tarus Cupholder in the DIN or CD player spot and put in either a nice tape player hooked to a changer in the trunk or maybe a Cd player. I have a kenwood unit in my dash and it sounds great with the stock speakers. Also has enough preamp out puts if you ever want subs ect.

Look on crutchfield to get started, they are very helpful and will go the extra mile to get you going.

-Tim

Yes, go with an aftermarket unit. You will be amazed at how much better they sound. Check out Crutchfield or your local stereo shop, or even Best Buy or Circuit City. Then you can use the lower DIN slot for an EQ, Coin/Cup holder, or cubby hole. This is what I did with mine:

Stereo.jpg

Thomas

Becareful with Best Buy or Circuit City. They try to BS you into thinking you need to do more than what's really needed. They told me I needed to rewire my entire stero system if I put in an aftermarket deck, just so they could try to sell me installation. I told the guy he was full of **** and I haven't had a problem yet.

Although one thing not noted I think you have to get a bypass for the factory amp? Is that true with permium sound? I know that's what they told me when I did the unit on my base but it didn't has the amp.

-Tim

90 SC Radio

Joe,

Thats an excellent idea!
I' NEED an EQ because of my tone deafness.
So does anybody know if I went to an aftermarket stereo, isnt there an amp in the trunk and does all that still stay?

It all stays for you have to remove the back carpet to get to the bolts to remove the amps, but I'm almost positive you buy some sort of wiring to by pass it.... not sure.

Here's a link to a site I found a while back, might help you out.

http://www.tune-town.com/Cars/stuff/pac_oem1.htm

I think this is what you need to get, if I have my thoughts straight.

-Tim

90 SC JBL SOUND SYSTEM SPECS?

Does anyone know (or have a link) to the specs on the JBL soundsystem in my 90 SC?
I'm thinking of replacing the stock unit with a aftermarket and putting a EQ down where the CD player was (is).

Should I keep the JBL system and hook the aftermarket into it OR by-pass the JBL system and use the amp thats in the aftermarket unit?

HELLLPPP!!

Back