Another Speed Limiter Question

38SCPROJECT

Here is another speed limitier question number 8000, seems like this question comes up all the time so please forgive me for asking it.
I have search the previous post and have come to the conclusion by reading only that some 89 - 93 AOD car did not come with speed limiter on them. Does anyone have any information on this like, for example a calibration code off of the computer to a car with out a limiter on it, or just a easy way to idenify if your car is equiped with the limiter, short of taking it out and running the dog snot out of it.
(Mine has blown head gaskets, bad cam sensor, and OD is screwed up - don't think it will do 125) (YET!!!! IT WLL)

Thanks
Tim

I believe that it was just the 94 - 95 AODE cars that had the speed limiter ... but I could be wrong, it's happened once or twice before !! :)

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

From everything I've read, the 5-spds don't have limiters, the earlier autos have one at 135 and the newer autos have one at 125. Not sure how correct this is but that's what i've seen many many times so I accept it. If you can confirm that earlier autos have no limiter that would be great.

Back