Interchangable Body Componets

Dauber

I was just wondering if any of the newer supercoupe body componets are swappable with the earlier years. Specifically the 1991.

What I am looking to do is fit later style doors onto my 1991 so that I can remove the sliding seat belts. I also want to use a front bumper and side skirts of a '94-'95.

Thanks for that information...

As far as seat belts.. I plan on dealing with that when the time comes. At this moment the plan is to drill a hole and weld a bung in the pillar so that I can mount them to the pillar.

Well, I do not really understand. All of the doors (with maybe the exception of the interior door panel mounting points) are pretty much the same. The seat belt mounting track is mounted on the a and b pillars not on the door itself. Your best bet may be to find someone who is parting out a Canadian SC and get all of the interior trim pieces and belts from them. Also, PLEASE be careful when relocating the seat belt anchorage point! I am guessing that the mounting hardware is already there. However if it is not......I have seen enough failed FMVSS 207/210 tests in my day. There is a hell of a lot of load going through that single anchorage point. Not something you want blowing out in an accident.

Side skirts are the same for all years of SC. The shape of the fornt bumper has to match up with the headlights and hood, so you would need to swap all of that from a 94 - 95 to make it work, or heavily modify the 94 bumper.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back