Dumping alot of oil

SCYALTR

Hey Guys,
I am leaking oil and can not see where it is coming from.
I see alot of oil on the rear of the cross member.
Is it common for the gasket on the oil pan to leak.
It looks like there is some kind of goop other than a gasket.
How long would it take to re seal the oil pan?
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks,
D Rainer

Check out the valve covers. Maybe they are leaking and it is running all down the engine. It is common for the bolts holding the valve covers on to losen up. This is something easy to check first than doing the oil pan and finding it is not the problem.

"Hey Boyz,
Sending this baby right back to the top "

hahaha!!!!!!, i don't know why, but that just made me laugh (alot)

edit: i'm not flaming or anything, its just different to see someone bump there post up w/o "^^^^" or "what the ****, why didn't anyone answer my question" :)

Last edited:
Thanks NastyV6

Hello,
I have not checked that.
I'll do that tonight.
I know with my luck that it would not be that easy lol.
Thanks,
D Rainer

check the stupid pipe running out of the block(behind the power steering pump)for the oil pressure sender that was my mystery leak!!!

D., the oil pan doesn't have a gasket, it is only silicon, and that most likely isn't the problem. Maybe the rear main seal, or like someone already said, valve cover gaskets.

don't forget guys

check the height of your engine mounts

if your mounts are old and your engine has been sagging you would have rubbed a hole in the pan. you would see it near behind the oil filter, against the frame, don't look for contact look for an actual hole.

just an incase thought...

haha take it back to the top

jim

I had that problem, oil was dripping off the steering rack mainly. Sure enough, there was a hole in the pan. (I had already changed the motor mounts, so I could see the hole) Mine's still not fixed. I tried JB Weld, but that just slowed it down.

Jake

Back