Premium/JBL stock stereo question

89sc5spd

I simply need to know the subwoofer speaker size, its wattage, and the amp that is powering it, and its wattage, and whether or not I can simply replace the sub with another speaker/sub of its size and wattage, and have it work fine. If anyone can answer these questions it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Well I can't help you with the size and wattage but if I were to guess I'd say it's a 5 1/2 or 6 inch sub (trying to remember its size when I pulled it) and the wattage, I don't know. As for replacing it with the same size and wattage...of course it will work, the amp won't know it's a different speaker.

Sorry I couldn't help out more.

Here is a start on the system it's self from the 35th register, it's kind of helpful if you want to know some of the problems with the systems and what to look forward to.

http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/JBLReplace.htm

-Tim

I just had mine out today since it was blown... I just too some silicon and re-attched the cone to the surround. Put a bunch of coats on there.. and it thumps again.

I've done this on a prior car before.. and it continued to play for another 3 years.

Back