tensioner pulley, R.I.P.

rabbit007

I've lost the pulley off the belt tensioner for the SC. I see that they are made of Plastic. Does anybody know of anyone that makes a steel replacment, or have a part number for an assy. replacement. Got 160,000 and still cookin with the stock head gaskets.:D

Don't know, but considering that the SC has 2 extra ribs on the pulley, you should probably go with the 76mm one.

There is a direct Plastic replacement available from Napa. Gates Drive Align series #38023

Advance Auto carries a DAYCO steel part #231107 or Dayco #89007.

These are all 76MM pulleys and should allow the bearing dust cover to fit. But you should check it to make sure.

~~~~~~~

go to napa and ask for the dayco 89007 pulley and if they dont have dayco the can cross it to another brand which would probably be gates. the pulley is going to be bigger but should stop any belt slippage if u had any. i just changed mine over and it made a big difference for me cause i thought i had an air leak cause i was only hitting 10psi so i check and tightened everything was fine so i decided to change my pulley since it was very noisy and i was surprised when i saw that i hit 15 psi. well good luck

:D

Note that the biggest issue with non Dayco pully's is not that they don't work, but that they are designed such that the stock dust cap won't work.

There is a note in the box with the Gates one that talks about blah..blah..blah this and that with new bearing technology not needing the dust cap.

But if you can source Dayco's, get them as then the dust cap will fit. I'm having trouble tracking them down in Minnesota. Stores by me all have gates.

I got the Dayco. You are right. They are a bit bigger. Getting the belt on turned into a two man job.:D But it is on and the pulley only costed me 10.00 bucks. Lot better than the 99.00 that Ford wanted

Steel Tensioner Pullies

I put Ford part #YS-233 F8KZ-8678-AA on my '92 and they are working great so far they are supposed to be for a mustang but I reused the stock bolt and did not use the dustcover I am going to drill a bigger hole in the replacememt dust cover to fit the stock bolt

Back