PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Get-Together

RonzSC
01-17-2003, 02:22 AM
I am sitting here thinking about the upcoming Rendezvous with the Northern California Super Coupe Chapter. We had a great time last August when we got together for the first time in a combined meet. It was a blast! We had so much fun meeting new folks and just enjoying being together. A true family affair. Lots of young kids and a few old duffers like myself....it was a wonderful time. There was plenty of excitement with the racing.
The Southern crew were totaly out-of-shape and not in the best
condition to run. John hit a mystery glich, I broke my leg, Al couldn't hook-up and Mike hadn't elected to race. Anthony ran great and Nikki and those races made us proud.

We had so much fun that we thought we would have an interim race to keep the good feeling rolling.
What has evolved is amazing;
Both Chapters feature two solid 12 second SC's,
I think the South will certainly have a stronger 14 second category this go-'round and even possibly a 13 second runner.
Jimmy Demmitt is the King of California and has two formidable henchmen in Mark-BA Hwycoper, Ron Randall. They probably have another handful of guys that can step in without missing a step and be competitive.
Oh My! This going to be some fun!
Bakersfield in March at the Famoso Strip....don't miss this one!

Put faces to names and meet some great folks and enjoy expanding you appreciation of the car that we all love..The Mighty Super Coupe!

35th SC
01-18-2003, 02:23 AM
Ron,
Don't give Jim, "The King of California" title yet!!!!!!!

Mike

RonzSC
01-18-2003, 02:34 AM
Well, I like Jimmy and his Dad.
As for the title, well, he has earned it. Not to say it won't be hotly contested however.

hwycoper
01-18-2003, 03:15 AM
I like that title. I hope to give you guys a run for your money. It just depends whether the UPS Bandits hold up the truck and take all my top secret parts that I have ordered.

RonzSC
01-18-2003, 09:16 PM
Ok You guys can go out and get your Car Club Jackets like in American Graffiti....."The Henchmen"!
All in good fun....just kidding.

Things are really getting good and I believe that this friendly rivalry has done wonders for our Chapter to get things in focus and moving ahead.

Of course I would like to see another half dozen guys start buidind their cars and start making some noise.
I am pleased with my car, for now, and will concentrate on the other things and perhaps work on the speed issue next.

hwycoper
01-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Can I wear my department's formal jacket instead. It has those fancy patches on the shoulders. You know the one everyone hates to see in their rearview mirror. Because that's probably where I'll be against all you So. Cal. race maniacs.