Can i do it ?

Seems to be much debate about this. Seems the knock sensor seems to be pulling negitive timming at about 8 when it should be at 15. I just went back to the 5% pully on my 94 due to some high rpm Issues {bucking} we will see if this changes things.

On the 93 I did but on the 94 I just went with a larger idler pully.
Last night I pulled my 10% and installed my 93 stock pully on my 94 and It cleared up some high rmp missing issues but not as much tork off the line but better on the high end. The 10% works real well on the 93 but not on the 94.

Well the pully on the 94 stock is huge. When you go to the 10% its like a 15% on our cars and as some have pointed out spinning the blower faster may superheat the air charge and also cause the knok sensor to not advance the spark at high rpm.

OH! yea i know they are huge, i heard the 5% is more like 8 to 10. I'll be happy with that. So tell me, what mods do you have on your 1994 and what order did you go ? I have already done exhuast minute manifolds, and im looking to open the intake tract but dont know where to start.

Unless you have headers and a full exhaust on a 94 - 95 car, I would recommend going with a maximum of 5% on the pulley. On my 95, which has stock manifolds, but full exhaust front-to-back, a stock 1990 pulley (which works out to about 3% roughly) gets the job done just fine. With a 10% you would be asking for trouble IMHO, as scbird1 pointed out, it ends up being close to a 15% on the newer cars. :eek:

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I have a 10%+ on my 90 SC and have had no problems with it at all. I have a pretty good flowing exhaust. My 95 SC is still stock and I am going to put a 5% on it based on advice of other owners because of the same issues.

Bob

Last edited:
Ive spent most of my cash on the exhaust. scp down tubes w-high flow cats,magnaflow resonator and a flowmaster cat back.
As far as other mods go 93 pully, removed air silencer. Dumped my K&N for a paper one. 9mm ford wires mn12 bushings all around. soilid motor and trans mount. I am loking into the raised
top from tbird88. He has the best prices around plus I want to get my stock exhaust manifolds ported by him. I going to remove my heads soon and do some port and polish myself and have the valves enlarged and seats recut along with roller rockers. Im no flow tec but this sucker is going to take in some air. I love to tinker with this thing. Its not like its not fast enough but I just cant stand being run over by the new imports.

yo sc bird, we are doing almost the same thing. i cant wait for my heads i bought to get here. im gonna rush them to my machine shop for porting and enlarged valves.

Let me know how it turns out. should kick some but.
Im not going to mess with the maf or intake tube at this time. I hear from some people not to mess with these until you reach the 400 hp mark along with the reburned chip last

Back