Tranny Problems.... :(

datarogue

I have a '93 SC with an AT that's been acting up lately... A few months ago, it seems like my tranny started slipping when I'd accelerate moderately, and then it'd "jump" when it kicked in gear... I was leaking something in my driveway (couldn't tell if it was tranny fluid or oil), so I took my car down to the dealership to get it checked out... They had it 2 days and tried to find the problem, but they said they couldn't find anything wrong, and it wasn't slipping for them ($230 later)... They said the fluid was a little low, but not enough to make a difference. This was about a month before the 3-year warranty I had for the car expired. The tranny seemed to not slip after I got it back from them for a few months, but now it's starting to slip a lot more often (figures, now that my warranty is up). I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what this could be, or if it's just taking a crap and will need to be replaced... Any input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to your responses...

Thanks...

-Casey Downs
neurosurge@attbi.com

Tranny Problems

Hey datarogue, how high are the RPM's when the transmission changes gears ?. also, what gears do you feel the kick ?? .. How many mines does the tranny have, how often do you have the tranny serviced ? Check the tranny fluid level and tell me what color it is, or if it has a funny smell to it...

Back