engine modification question

EBSC338

Does anyone know how serious an impact the Magnum power intake components (on say a Coy Miller stage II engine) have on idle, driveability, and (though not very important in light of MORE POWER) fuel economy? This car is going to be a street machine for me, maybe (big maybe) a little time at the track on occasion.

I suppose my question is more how driveable is car that completely modified? Idle, fuel economy, maintainadility, behavior, etc.

you should have no problem....

the beauty of the SC is in its driveability and fuel economy even after extensive mods.

Driven hard...I go down to 12mpg on mine...but light it goes right back up.

If the idle is not right during the first minute...the MAF should be looked at....that could be the culprit.

Driveability:
I drive mine to work every day that the sun is out. With the cam I have it idles pretty rough but almost never stalls. Never floor it on a curve and expect the tires to spin at anything under 45 mph going in a straight line. It's hard to handle in the rain, it's nearly impossible in the snow.

Economy:
I think it is just as economical as a stock SC until you stick your right foot into it. As a rule..you tend to burn more gas and rubber as your hp increases.

Reliability:
Get a second car. Once you go over 350 hp, you can plan on things breaking more often, much more often. Instead of thinking in terms of "can I go another 100,000 miles before rebuilding" it will be more like "can I make it another month without working on this damn car"

Fun:
You forgot to ask if it's fun...Yes it is very fun !

David

Last edited:
Back