suspension upgrades

EBSC338

Does anyone make upgraded springs and suspension components that do not lower the car? I want to wring as much performance as possible (within reason) out of the car but keep a mostly factory appearance and not blow away driveability. Also are there any better shock/strut assemblies that work with the adjustable ride control??

Tokico makes shock for our birds that maintain the electronic ride control function. Tokico Illumina II's (available from WWW.SHOX.COM ) They also make a set of matched springs for the shocks, but they do lower the car by 1.25". I have this setup on my '92SC. It looks great, not so low as to really look lowered, but noticable. Very subtle.....
Some people prefer a different setup, but I have had no problems.

You can always use the Illumina II's with the stock springs.

How much of an improvement over stock would you say the Tokico shock and spring setup are? How do they handle, as well as ride??

Its difficult to say if there is a significant handling improvement over the stock setup (when it was new). I still have some things to do to my front end before I can say it is at optimum performance. I know I need new bushings and the balljoints are probably shot so I couldn't accurately comment on the handling, except to say that even with the worn out stuff on the front end it still handles pretty well. As far as ride quality, it is a bit firmer in FIRM than the stock suspension and about the same in AUTO. I generally keep mine in FIRM because I like the feel.

Back