how fast have you been in your sc???

• Thread starter kamikaze racing sc
  • Start date
K

kamikaze racing sc

how fast have you been in your sc???

lets see how fast all you speed freaks have had you 2 ton bird going?????

how fast???

I was on I-94 up here in michigan, and I had to have had the 5 speed wound at over 140 my speedo only goes to 120 but I was chasing this beemer for like 10 miles.

89 SC 5-Speed red K&N panel, 10% pulley, high flow cats, removed air silencer, Z rated tires, ppi 600 watt amp, two 10 in rockford fosgate punches, two 6X9 pioneers in the deck

Re: how fast have you been in your sc???

Well, I thought I had mine wound out to at least 135 because of how far the speedo was buried, but I found out how optimistic the speedos are, and when the needle was buried way past 120, I was doing 107. These gauges are too misleading.

I bought it Saturday, and belts were showing on the inside AND outside of the tires, and I just got them replaced today. The fastest I've gone is, oh, about 75, and that was tonight, after I got off work on these Iowa highways where you see more deer than center lines. Can anybody beat that one?! I think I'm the slowest of the fastest!

re

for now, 95 mph, i dont want to go much more b/c of needing a right front ball joint, and the damn S rated passanger car tires on those damn lx wheels :( i hope to get the SC ones soon. i have a seller, just need to wait for him to get new wheels first.

Over 180

Ya hafta relax the TV cable even with a Transgo.

did a 7hour drive in 3 1/4hours @just around 230 kph

Your car is freaky powerful Fred. The fastest I have gone was when I pasted Kurt S. going to White Sands. My speedo past 120mph and tach at 4300, in OD with 3.27s. How fast is that.

Are you sure that you were in OD and not D? The tranny won't do WOT upshifts to OD. I had my speedo buried to between the k & m where it says km/h and I found out I was only doing about 115. So if you were in D, you were going about 103, in OD, about 155.

I'm pretty sure it was in OD because I had the cruise control set at 90 in OD and eased it up to 120. Never felt it downshift. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well over here in Italy where you don't have to worry about speed I had mine at about 155 mph was racing an Italian friend in his alfa remeo and my speedo only goes to only 120 but by his we were doing 245 KPH

My speedo onlt reaches 120mph.

How fast is 4250 RPM in 5th gear? (2.73 : 1, 8.8" rear)

That's the fastest I recall for myself.

100mph.jpg

I raced a brand new cobra about 3 weeks ago going down I-5 past bakersfield in California, theres a big stretch of road for miles he was on me at about 90mph so i moved to the center lane so he could pass; he followed me to the center lane i was like what the fuc* i sped to 100mph (i have a digital reader for my mph i ordered through a hot rod magazine works like a charm) well he passed me looking at me like saying you got some more or is that it, i said shi t here it comes down went to 4th and punched it he did the same as well we were side by side i was doing 130mph in fourth at 4200 rpm's the cobra was like 3-4 cars in back of me i went to 5th were i found relief at 158 mph at 4200 rpm's in 5th he let of i guess at about 150 not sure if thats all he had but my bird came soaring and ate the snake i pulled over at the grapevine right before the uphill to get some sodas he pulled up next to me and asked if he could see my motor i was like sure. 6 banger he said, i said oh no no, no,no, no not just just a 6 banger but a 2 ton bird that does 13.1 1/4 miles and likes to eat snakes and firehawks and so on he was like you must have spent a fortune doing this, no i said its factory installed guess he didnt know well now he did and i left him with a little smoke show.

13.1 Factory. No. What do you have done to your SC? I could have sworn I read somewhere 5-speeds limit is 143 mph with 2.73 gears. I've had mine going at least 140 though. Can't tell past 120 but it kept pulling though.

hmm

well my speedo said 115, but the cop said 90, so i dunno, maybe he was just being nice! maybe he didnt wanna fill out the paperwork! hahaha

4250 RPM in 5th gear on 2.73s. How fast is that?

speedo only does 120...but barry it and add bout 1500 more rpm....and that was my top speed.

speedo only does 120...but barry it and add bout 1500 more rpm....and that was my top speed. with 4 big guys int he car...bout an and hockey equip...so add bout nother 800-1100lbs on top of the cars weight

My speedo only goes to 145, I don't know how fast I've had it...

Hee hee he

Back