Hey guys!

94whtsc

Sorry newby here!
I was wondering if anyone lives around the Ft. Worth area. I just bought a 94 SC. So far I have bought a 10% pulley and 3.5" exhaust with a Dr. Gas X-pipe and more 3.5 all the way back to the two Spin Tech Mufflers. I want to get alot more but am looking for some guys to talk to and learn from. I just came from a 28 year stint of eating and breathing Mustangs. Gotta go back to school on the 3.8L SC. Any one care to help?

Randy

Howdy from down here in Beaumont. Hey, Mustangs are cool, glad to have ya onboard though. By the way, some DFW area Thunderbird owners are going to caravan down to Houston for a mini-meet, think you might want to join in and make the trip?

Details etc are here:

Houston Blower Crew mini-meet - Jan 25th

Hope to see ya there!

'bird

Howdy!

Good to know we have another in DFW area in SCCoA. I live in Cresson just south of Ft. Worth on Hwy 377. Half way to Granbury.

I don't know much about under the hood of SCs, though I grew up overhauling engines. I own 3 SCs and buying a 4th this week. 3 engines need one thing or the other so I plan to overhaul all of them at the same time. Maybe one will go to Coy Miller one of these years when I'm rich (huh) but for now I will do it. I have learned by a very bad experience with my company 95 5spd that a Ford dealership knows very very little about these cars. Don't trust them unless someone tells you the mechanisc name that is good and you know HE will work on it!!! So I am buying enough to learn on my own and always have one going.

Back issues of Charging Thunder is a good reference for mods. So is TCCoA, MN12, and some other web sites for T-Birds. You can find some good discounts with some of them and it works. I found Griffin will give you a slightly better deal if you talk to them right. Anyway money & time is the only limit.

Give me a call sometime if you want. Any of you.

Doug Franklin
metro: 817-268-5700

PS: I found all the Ford T-Bird shop manuals for all years on eBay. Some go cheap.

Last edited:
Back