upgrade alternator?

nervekiler

hey i want to put in a semi nice stereo, basically just adding the amp and subs i have layin in my bedroom from my other car. but the problem is that when they were on my other car i think they were pullin more juice than the alternator was puttin out (on my 87 TC). i want to put them in my supercoupe, but im afraid my alternator wont be big enough. i also want to add a few other things runnin off the baterry such as a light up rear bumper (like another 3rd brake light in the "Thunderbird SC").

so sooner or later im gonna want to invest in a bit better alternator. does anyone know where i can get an alternator that puts out more juice than the one that comes stock? how much would i expect to spend on a bigger/better alternator? and how much does the stock alternator put out?

thanks for your help.

Stock 110-130 is a good range. They are manufactured by Mitsubishi and they cannot be made to put out much more than 130 Amps. They are good alternators from the factory.

You should have no problems unless your alternator is ready to go anyway. I have a JL300/4 and JL500/1 with 0 problems.

Bob

Back