Quick Sensor Question

DarkShard

I'm trying to figure out whether or not my computer is out or not. To that end, I've taken it all apart and am measuring voltages at various points along the sensor system. (if you want to know the rest, see "Ever had six sensors go out at once")

What I need now is a couple of measurements of some sensors when the ignition is on. If someone has a few minutes and a voltmeter, could they go out to their car and check what the voltage on BOTH wires of the coolant temperature sensor are? Testing this both with the sensor plugged in and removed would be best, but I don't want to ask for too much now.

Thanx.

Can't do it.. but figured i'd ask for whoever does. Which coolant temp sensor? There are two. One up top, one down low.

wiring

take alook at this ..your engine ground straps.. broken ..bad connection ..I have seen this before ..but not in a SC .. your sensors and wiring become the new ground ....and the ecm don't know what to make of it.

There are two main ground straps. One on either side of the front of the engine tied into the forward motor mount bolts down low.

Back