code 632 anyone?

supercharged

the only codes i get are 225 knock not sensed during dynamic response test (what the hell is that?)
i also get a code 632 my manual dosent cover code 632
its a 95 auto
any thoughts?

code 632

code 632 engine running,, overdrive transmission cancle switch/no action during self engine run test. means the switch that cuts out overdrive didnt work when it self tested it it may have a bad connection or wire going to trans is cut or dirty or loose. 225 means knock sensor is not operating or wire is dirty or looseoil ect.its on side of block look from under car and see its conected or dirty,

O/d cancel switch

During the self test, you have to manually cycle the switch so the computer can look for voltage increase or decrease.

can the o/d switch be replaced?
if soo do you know the cost involved.
cant find any info on o/d switch.
the tranns is under warrenty
but id rather fix it myself, can you give me any more info to check or replace this switch?

or are you talking about the o/d switch that is located on the side of the gear shifter.
because that switch does work.
and if that is the switch you are talking about when during the self test should you press the switch?
thanks for your response

Yes, pressing the O/D switch on your gear shifter is part of the process for running your codes. You probably didn't, so it triggered the code.

The 225 isn't always a knock sensor. I have had that code before, and I know it wasn't the knock sensor. Unfortunately, I don't remember off-hand what it was, though.

Dale

Back