for 35th fans - 0 miles on this car

hmmm.....

That looks good Wynn. I have a two models myself, and they are untouched awaiting assembly. I will likely sell them sooner or later. I don't have an anniversary model though.:(
dirtybirdie

Re: hmmm.....

Originally posted by dirtybird91
That looks good Wynn. I have a two models myself, and they are untouched awaiting assembly. I will likely sell them sooner or later. I don't have an anniversary model though.:(
dirtybirdie
I didn't build that car, it's someone's in Mississppi, sure is nice though. He has other cars that look awesome and he poses & photographs them so well that it's hard to very tell they're models at first.

'bird

tbird88 said:
"chop job" (?)

'bird

photoshop.. he's either using trick photography to make the car in scale with the dirt and the background, or he just photoshopped two pictures together.. either way it still looks almost real.

I don't think that's a photochop. Looks like he's just good at using perspective and his camera. Probably a tall mound of sand he's flattened off at the top. Got the car up off the ground to get the background to look right. The ground wire from the phone pole really does make you wonder though. Good pictures and great job on the model.

If I'm not mistaken, those are pictures of a real car. Believe me, I've done quite a bit of Photoshop work, and from what I've looked at in the image appears to be a real car.

For instance, look at the front tire in the first picture. You can see where the sand was pushed back out when the wheel was turned straight. And if you just look at the overall detail of the car you can just TELL it's not a model. Glass reflection, reflection off the paint, plus a couple other things.

By the looks of it the person just took pictures of a real 35th so people would know what the models look like.

-Chris

Uh, it's good but it ain't *that* good. ;)

If that were a real car, it must have a Krylon paint job. No lip for opening the gas lid, all the glass is inset from the body--like a model, not a real car. Also the detail paint on the tbird on the right tail light/hood, the ground effects etc not quite even or if real, they were taped off and still got overspray.
Great model job though.

Look at the rest of the site, this guy is really good:
http://www.richardblackmon.homestead.com/

Last edited:
Johnny_Squirrel said:
If I'm not mistaken, those are pictures of a real car. Believe me, I've done quite a bit of Photoshop work, and from what I've looked at in the image appears to be a real car.

For instance, look at the front tire in the first picture. You can see where the sand was pushed back out when the wheel was turned straight. And if you just look at the overall detail of the car you can just TELL it's not a model. Glass reflection, reflection off the paint, plus a couple other things.

By the looks of it the person just took pictures of a real 35th so people would know what the models look like.

-Chris

lol.. it's not real, it's a model.. look at the taillights.. the bird has no detail to it. and in the same picture, look at how much area the flash from the camera covers.. the flash reflection can be seen all the way from teh bumper to the trunk lid.. if it were an actual size car, the reflection would only be seen in one point, and not spread out like it is in the photo.

besides, he even says it's a model right next to the picture.

Ok, I didn't notice the missing lip on the gas cover. And now that I actually thought about it more I think I see how the photo work was done. Picture was probably taken on sand with a colored background, and the rest of the image was keyed or layered in later.

Bah, maybe I just wanted the car to look real. I think I'm starting to go through SC withdrawl...

-Chris

actaully from looking at the rest of his site, it's just trick photography.. he gets the angle and the background just right so the car doesn't look like it's only 2 inches high.. on some of his photos, you can tell it's a model, because of where the trees are in relation to the car.. in other examples, it's damn near impossible to tell.

i noticed that first pic and was like "either thats a model, or the windshield is falling into the passanger compartment :p "

good build though

Back