Re: Aftermarket shifter assembly?

gfish777

Re: Aftermarket shifter assembly?

I`ve smoked the stock shifter assembly in my `90 M5R2...Does any1 know of an aftermarket replacement, as Ford no longer makes this one? B & M perhaps...Any info is awesome and greatly appreciated...The `Bird is down and she dont like it one bit!!!!!

You want the RIPPER SHIFTER!!!!!!!

:D

FYI: Nothing beats the ripper shifter by B+M shifters. The shifter is 169.95 and goes in very easy. Install with regular hand tools is about one hour.

Also, make sure that you shift the trans with the shifter loose between 3and 4 gears to center the shifter. Not doing this WILL cause hard shifting......

Good luck....

Summit or Jegs has this

Jeg's: 1-800-345-4545

Summit: 1-800-230-3030

Don

If it is just the bushings and the spring washers worn out, then you can buy these at any ford dealer. This means you can rebuild it for less than $40. I don't know, but I have read that the reason they are called B&M "rippers" is because they rip the syncro forks out. Better check it out though.

Good luck, Biggin':D

bigg_boyys_SC said:
I don't know, but I have read that the reason they are called B&M "rippers" is because they rip the syncro forks out. Better check it out though.

Good luck, Biggin':D

That is pure baloney. My car has never shifted better. The crappy factory stuff is junk IMO.

It's balonga, anyway I said I didn't know. I only stated what I read. If you check the post in here you will get people who like them and people that don't. But $40 is cheaper than $150+. Also if you do the research you will see that our trannies are basically truck trannies with a short shifter. Anything that will force these harder-to-shift trannies into gear faster just don't seem to good.

Biggin'

Back