Anyone ever put a custom LCD in?

The Big D

My neighbor decided that I need a TV in my car for XBOX since we always sit around in my car doing nothing, so for my birthday since he never got me a gift he said he wanted to buy me a LCD monitor for the car, i was just curious if anyone has ever put one in their car in like a custom spot or anything, because as I see it now i dont know where i am going to put it but into a sun visor... and I really wanna put one in now since i work security doing nothing all night

Mobile TV Monitor

Well if your SC is between an 89 and a 93 and you don't have the CD player, or don't care much for it, i would recommend that you get an in-dash 7" monitor.. You don't have to get a name brand, just make sure its got option for RCA inputs for audio and video. This way you can hook up your XBOX.. just my 2 cents.. :D

heheh thats a bit expensive, i already have a cd player in that clarion i got posted in the sig, and thats an small lcd display already that i payed a lot for a few years ago, im not ready to give that up yet...but anyway, he was just gonna buy me a lcd screen that i have to mount somewhere... but i just hate to "throw" it in and bolt it int he first easy spot, i was hoping i could find someplace online or site where someone has modified one into their car, i have been searching a while and gotten pretty tired, but i dont want to install it till i can think of where to put it...

oh ok.. hhhhmmm well i remember seeing once in a magazine a TV that hooked up to the cig lighter and needed no installation.. If i remembered correctly it had an adapter so that you could input one video and one one audion RCA.. This is convenient because you can store the TV in the glove compartment while you are not using it, or put it in your house as well. I don't remember the name brand at teh top of my head, but i'll look into it and see if i can find it... i'll check how much $$$ they run for as well...

Cool cool, that sounds like it might be a good idea, this way theres no real hard wireing and i can prolly make some sort of Velcro fabrication so i can stick it somewhere so when friends want to play while driving it wont go everyhere... ill start looking for that myself, it sounds like a good idea

Back