Exhaust Manifolds ???

SuperCoupe007

I have a 90 SC 5-speed. would the exhaust manifolds from a 95 Mustang V-6 fit perfectly on my SC without any mods needed ??? If they do fit, what size porting is recommeded ?? thanks..

Well.....

From what I know they won't fit perfectly. I think it has something to do with the drivers side exhaust manifold off that V6 won't clear the steering column on the super coupe. For that reason the manifold has to be "cut" and rewelded in the correct position/angle. I could be wrong about this but I do know that porting the stock exhaust SC manifold is the way to go because it flows much better than aftermarket!! Might want to consider that.

Re: Well.....

91BLOWNSC said:
I could be wrong about this but I do know that porting the stock exhaust SC manifold is the way to go because it flows much better than aftermarket!! Might want to consider that.
I don't know about that dude! That does not sound likely to me. You might be wrong on that one, but if you are right i'm going to be kicking myself in the butt for those stock manifold that I sold cheap!:(
But what do I know. I'm definately not the sharpest tool in the shed.
dirtybird91

The forum search here at sccoa is your friend!! Search on mustang headers and wham, bam.

Here is a link to an article that discusses the Mustang headers and how they need to be modified to fit (from the TBSCEC forums:)

Click the link for explinations and pictures... An excellent article.

http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbirdscenthusiastclubfrm2.showMessage?topicID=671.topic

header3.jpg

Exhaust Manifolds

Oohh.. much thanks for the info guys.. The reason why I asked was because someone was selling me some Mustang V-6 exhaust manifolds and he swore they would fit perfectly without needing any mods (what a liar !).... I'd rather opt for the porting of my SC's stock manifolds... I thinks its better than having it welded and all... Thanks guys, really appreciated it...

Back