Is Your SC Parked With Problems Or Running Good?

S

Shawn Narayan

Is Your SC Parked With Problems Or Running Good?

Well...my sc has been parked since early summer due to HG's...since its not my daily driver im gonna go ahead and rebuild my engine and do the tranny synchros...ive been without my bird much too long..im starting to think my damn celica is fast!

Re: Is Your SC Parked With Problems Or Running Good?

if you'd have asked that question about a month back id have had to vote for no. 5 :(

but its all better now :)

Runs like a striped ass ape but doesn't stop(no power assist)& haven't had time to mess with it so I guess you need a no.6 for other.

I know the feeling...my XR7 crapped out a month ago and I'm stuck with the 5.0 '91 Bird...sure I have the deep exhaust tone, but I miss the tire squealing at will and my 5 spd!!...and GOD does it take an eternity to get to 90 and beyond!!

making the SC withdrawal worse, 3 weeks ago my brother's SC had a new H/G put in and partial rebuild...first test drive the water jacket cap blew out...fried the motor. :(

J3

parked or runnin

My 94 SC auto is parked & runnin good. The car is in great condition it's just that I don't use it as much as I'd like to save wear & tear on it and because winters in northeast are absolutely brutal on it. The fact that parts are becoming harder to come by adds to my dilemma.

My SC has been sitting in the garage since July when I changed headgaskets. HG's went fine but I cleaned my valve covers and had them drying in the sun in the driveway and accidentally backed over them with my WRX. Put it back together and it ran good except for the oil leaking out the covers onto the exhaust manifolds. Turns out they don't make a passenger side cover anymore and a N/A one won't fit because of the placement of the filler cap. I finally got around to it and bought one from a member on this board (haven't got it yet but it won't be long).

my 93 5.0's officially dead and being parted out, while my 93 SC was totalled out by a focus back in october and sits in a downdraft booth where i work on completely restoring it to show car staus... :-/

i got a daily driver in the meantime- an 06 wrangler.. but i made sure it was a 4cyl so my SC wouldn't get jealous. i'm convinced the 5.0 got jealous of the SC and that's why it's dead. don't lie- all you ford owners know what i mean.

I hope its running good I rely on it for work. Sence its a daily driver I find myself fixing over the weekend so I can have it for the week. Knock on wood I havent had any problems lately.

Back