vacuum line to EGR valve busted now what

jnobles

Ok went to the Ford dealer they no longer make that part...any suggestions on how to fix it or get a replacement part...1990 SC is what i drive thanks

you're talkng about those stupid plastic vacuum lines right? Go to your local parts store and get somerubber vacuum hose. You can eiher get a foot and slip it over the end of the plastic one or replace the whole length of it. If you're worried about it popping off you can get some small clamps for them also.

vacuum line to EGR valve

If thats the 1 that comes off the metal EGR pipe and goes to the transducer behind the SC about 7" long, then don't use that rubber hose on it because it won't last a day. The way you notice it being bad is when you're under boost, you get detonation and detonation causes head gasket failures. That little hose is made of silicone to handle the heat from the exhaust pipe. I tried regular rubber hose twice before I realized what was going on b/c it drove home from the shop great but the next day the detonation was back. Ford charged me $50.CDN but it held up for years. It was such a pain and shock to my wallet, I took some pics of it and made a little drawing b/c I couldn't find 1 in any of my manuals. Good Luck
EGRHoseW.jpg

EGRTransducerW.jpg

EGR_Assembly.gif

I think he's talking about the vacuum line that plugs into the EGR valve. But if you're talking about the hose he's pointed out defiantely don't use rubber hose. If it's the plastic line that just snapped (like they always do), you're fine using a rubber line.

Back