Exhaust best way

DGernmann

I was wondering if this setup would be good enough for my 1994 SC, I plan on doing some mods later down the road so I want something to handle the HP..

I was going to get highflow cats ( I need then in NJ)
delete the 3rd cat and replace it with a 2 in and 1 out flowmaster muffler,
then use 3" pipe back and put 2 flowmaster mufflers on the rear.

Questions:
Do I need to stay with 2-1/4 on the front with the cats? or can I go to 3"? Basically will 3" pipe bolt up to the stock headers..

Do I need the 3 mufflers or can I go with one?--just under the car.

Sorry for all the questions, I want the best setup for a nice deep sound, without spending the $$$ for the SCP one....

Also is there a place on the internet where I can get 3" piping??

Thanks.

Drew:confused:

Exhaust

Save yourself some time, money, and energy. Go to Supercoupeperformance.com and check out there headers and cat-back systems. An exhaust is no good without headers, so don't waste your time if performance is not your primary concern. If sound is all your after, go with just the cat-backs. If you want performance, You need headers, downpipes, and cat-back. I myself gave up a little sound quality and went with SCP's "Big Dog" ultra high flow without a resonator, Kook's coated headers, and 2 1/2" down pipes. No cats. SHHHHH! Off-road only:) Good for 350+ horsepower. Downside, big $$$

2.5" pipe should bolt up, but I don't know about 3"

While long tube headers are THE BEST option. They are also extremely pricey.

Everything I've read has lead me to believe that you can get 90% of the performance of short tube headers with ported stock exhaust manifolds. That's right, port your stock exhaust manifolds. TBird88 can do it for you for a very reasonable price.

But if you want to just do manifold back. You should be able to bolt up some 2.5" down tubes and then run 2.5 to the 3" and then back to 2.5" for the mufflers.

Thanks..

Thanks guys for the responses.

Mike I was wondering if Tbird88 has a website or not, I remember seeing on someones web site porting for the exhaust manifolds.

Thanks!

whoa

hey TheTransDoc, it's really true that exhaust, performance wise, is no good without headers? Im hoping to get exhaust soon and was thinking about just going with ported exhaust manifolds... do you, or anyone else here think it's sacrificing performance to get ported Exhaust manifolds? is it just better to save the extra cash and get headers... Im hoping to get something relatively quiet, Is the noise factor mostly in the mufflers because i though by havign headers makes it that much louder also-- thanks and good luck in your choice DGernmann, let us know how it turns out.
-Damon

Here is tbird88's for sale website:

http://www.datarecall.net/~tbird88/index/parts/4sale1.htm

here is a pic of the ported manifolds he does:

xhaust2466.jpg

I'm nearly there to purchasing some myself. I just need to get my mind wrapped around the fact that I can get my exhaust manifolds off without making a big problem for myself. My history with removing exhaust manifold bolts hasn't gone well and I really don't want to have to drill out bolts in my SC.

Yes...I'm a scared little boy.

Back