Rerouting the Washer Reservoir

plev72

Hey all, when my mechanic was building me IC tubes and replacing my radiator he mentioned that the Windshield Washer reservoir was right in front of the IC. So I took a look and damn! What were they thinking! Has anyone tried rerouting the late model (mine is a '94) windshield washer routing? If so, is it particularly involved? I'm assuming it isn't and just at a glance it looks like I can find plenty of room if I move it over to where the airfilter assembly was as I've gone to an aftermarket and now there is a bunch of spare room there.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
plev72 said:
Hey all, when my mechanic was building me IC tubes and replacing my radiator he mentioned that the Windshield Washer reservoir was right in front of the IC. So I took a look and damn! What were they thinking! Has anyone tried rerouting the late model (mine is a '94) windshield washer routing? If so, is it particularly involved? I'm assuming it isn't and just at a glance it looks like I can find plenty of room if I move it over to where the airfilter assembly was as I've gone to an aftermarket and now there is a bunch of spare room there.

Thanks,
Paul

Has anybody else found a solution for relocating the late style reservoir somewhere instead of in front of the intercooler.... also does it come out from the bottom or the top, I've gotten all 3 bolts loose but can't seem to wrench the thing out...thanks

Mike

moving it shouldn't be too difficult. it's a simple system with just a pump at the base. you could find somewhere for it to go on the passenger side somewhere or more in front of the radiator. just extend the hose. i moved my radiator overflow tank to the front frame behind the bumper below the header panel. i hogged out the whole center section of my header panel. you'd be amazed how much room is in there in front of the rad.

Back