94-95 Headlight Swap, Having wiring problems.

mn12sc35th

Ok I've figured out how the wiring for the headlights runs, and I think I have the inner parking lights ok (once I find one more socket), but when I hook the battery up (the headlight switch is stuck in on as I have the pull knob off, and the fuse for the turn signals is out right now) the headlights come on as do the interior lights. If I pull the fuse for the headlamps (in the distribution box) both will go out. Both doors are closed the whole time. Now here's exactly how I've wired everything:

I cut the ends off of the orignal lights and used one of the ground and the two power wires for the new socket (single high/low bulb so I didn't see the need to hook up both grounds)

For the inner parking lights, I tapped into the passenger side corner lamp. There were four wires 2 black a white/blue and a brown. I used a voltmeter with the hazards on and found that the white/blue is for the turn signal so I tapped the brown one and have it run to the pass inner lamp. I haven't got a socket for the other inner but I just ran the wire from the pass side over to where it would go also (the drivers side corner has 5-6 wires so I didn't really feel like messing with it). I ran the ground for both lamps to the bolt in front of the battery that seems to be the ground for the headlamps.

If you see anything that conflicts please let me know, or if you could provide the wiring charts for the headlamp system and the interior lights, I would greatly appreicate it. We moved a few months ago and I have still yet to find my EVTM. Thanks

Back